May I point a few of these out, as certainties of a typical working day:
- When the alarm first sounds, you will be momentarily paralysed, unable to remember what day it is or whether you have a job at all
- The shirt you planned to wear during your big presentation will turn out to have a large tear/stain when removed from the wardrobe
- The bus/train will be proportionally late to the recent increase in fares
- You get caught checking personal email before you have fully logged in
- The network will crash at a crucial moment
- Weasels will take credit for you work
- The biggest loser in the office will be promoted soon
- The cafe will mess up your lunch order
- Status reports will be requested for all overdue projects
- The department will be reorganised in the next few months, for no
- The sooner you have to be back at work, the longer the queue at the bank
- The person before you will have taken the last of the coffee
- The new employee who showed so much promise will turn out to be
- The day will be over, eventually...
- ...and before you know it, this will all be ten years ago!!!