Okay, I'm a Nineties tragic, so to celebrate my 400th post, here's some Nineties music trivia questions for you to sink your rollers into. Please leave answers in the comments, and I'll post the answers to each question as I receive them. Please - no cheating! There's not much I can do about it, but you'll feel like a cheap fraud.
And yes, there is a prize!
I'll draw one name from all the readers who submit a correct answer, and the winner will be sent a greatest hits CD from a big Nineties band (it's a suprise so far...)*
Hey Girls, Hey Boys, Superstar DJs, Here We Go!
1. In 1999, which song did Triple J listeners vote the best Australian song of the Nineties?
You Am I - Berlin Chair. Rex was listening :)
2. Faith No More drew criticism from animal rights groups for their treatment of which animal in the flim clip for Epic?
A Fish. Well done Skye.
3. In which US state did Jeff Buckley die?
Tennesee - thanks Kitekat.
4. True or false: These were actual lyrics from a big early Nineties dance hit: "I'm serious as cancer/When I say rythym is a dancer"
Yeah, it's true. The band Snap! inflicted this upon us...the Nineties had lows that more than matched the highs.
5. Which now-respected Hollywood actor was better known in the early Nineties as a sitcom star and some-time rapper with the hit Boom! Shake Shake Shake the Room?
Will Smith - Skye
6. The band 311 were named after the Nebraska state police code for which criminal offence?
Indecent Exposure - Thanks BSE.
7. Famously, the alternative title for Nirvana's In Utero was I Hate Myself and I Want To Die. But what was its other alternative title?
Verse Chorus Verse - Skye
8. Who sang lead vocals on the Chemical Brothers song Setting Sun?
Noel Gallagher - Skye
9. Which Australian band turned down a $250,000 offer from the Liberal Party to use their song Betta Daze as the theme song for the 1993 election campaign?
10. In the "Britpop Wars", who made it to #1 on the UK singles chart first - Blur or Oasis? With which song?
11. Name the 1994 "breakthrough" albums for The Smashing Pumpkins and Soundgarden
12. Which mid-90s grrl band were named after a character in a well-loved Roald Dahl book?
Verrucca Salt (after the character in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) - BSE
13. Crispin Mills of Kula Shaker is the son of which 1960s child film star?
14. What band was the first ever winner of Triple J's Unearthed competition?
Grinspoon. Kitekat again.
15. Can't have a Nineties music quiz without this...name the song which features these immortal lyrics: "He's reading Balzac/Knocking back prozac"
Country House by Blur - Skye's rather showing off :)
16. What was the last INXS album released prior to the death of Michael Hutchence?
17. NIN performed the song "Perfect Drug" on the soundtrack of which 1997 David Lynch film?
Lost Highyway - again, Skye
18. Name the lead singer of the Stone Temple Pilots
19. Okay, what are Scooby Snacks?
Valiums! Thank you, BSE! (At last!)
20. And finally, if you don't agree the Nineties were the greatest musical decade ever...how many fingers am I holding up?
*Everyone's welcome to answers questions, but the prize is for Australian readers only. When I pick the winner, I'll get you to email me with your details. If don't leave a name, I can't give you the prize! Entry is not permitted for residents of the Xander and Nico house.