In case you've got the warm and fuzzies that the Republicans have selected a woman as the Vice Presidential candidate, consider these Fun Facts about Sarah Palin...
- As captain of her high school basketball team, her nickname was "Sarah Barracuda" due to her intense play and leader of the prayer sessions before games.
- Runner up in the 1984 Miss Alaska Pageant.
- She named her children Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper, and Trig. (Sounds like kinds of tree fungus).
- She has said that she is a "firm supporter of abstinence-only education in schools." "Explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support", Palin has said.
- Her 17 year old daughter is pregnant. This is only a fact about Sarah Palin herself in light of the above, and her failure to give her daughter a purity ring. Or, even more usefully, a talk about sexual health and condom use.
- Wants to have polar bears taken off the endangered species list so as to open up the Artic National Wildlife Preserve to oil drilling.
- Supports the teaching of "intelligent design" in schools.
So there you have it. If America wants to boldly continue the Bush tradition of hypocrisy, stageiness and a complete lack of sense, here is the woman for the job.
Easy now we don't know she didn't give her daughter a talk about the birds and the bees.ReplyDelete
The daughter made her own decision as many daughters who are 17 choose to do.
Just my opinion
Well, that's what we on the left have been saying all along...ReplyDelete
Abortion is an individual choice and a private matter between a woman and her doctor.
Gay marriage is a choice and a private matter for the couple involved.
If the right will give us this, we'll allow that Bristol Palin's pregnancy was her choice, and a private matter for the Palin family.